European Conference on Household Finance
The Center on Sustainable Architecture for Finance (SAFE) at Goethe University Frankfurt, the Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF) and the Swedish House of Finance (SHoF), with additional support from the Sloan Foundation, are organizing a conference on Household Finance. The objective is to present state-of-theart empirical research and empirically motivated theoretical research on household financial behavior and on how this is influenced by other choices, government policies, and the overall economic environment. We solicit papers in the following areas, but other related areas may also be considered:
- Patterns of asset allocation and debt behavior over the life cycle
- Financing retirement and the demographic transition
- Consumer indebtedness, financial distress and default decisions
- Behavioral approaches to household finances
- Financial literacy and financial education programs
- Trust, subjective expectations, pessimism, and financial decisions
- International comparisons of household finances using micro-data
- Genetic traits, cognitive abilities and individual financial performance
- Financial advice and legal protection of investors and borrowers
Laurent Calvet (HEC Paris), John Campbell (Harvard University and NBER), Joao Cocco (London Business School, CFS, and CEPR), Luigi Guiso (EIEF and CEPR), Michael Haliassos (Goethe University Frankfurt, CFS, and CEPR), Tullio Jappelli (University of Naples Federico II, CSEF and CEPR), Matti Keloharju (Aalto University and CEPR), Tarun Ramadorai (Saïd Business School, Oxford, OMI and CEPR), Paolo Sodini (Stockholm School of Economics and SHoF), Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh (NYU Stern, CEPR and NBER).
If you wish to submit a paper, please email an abstract and the paper, if available, as separate pdf file to Ms. Daniela Dimitrova (email@example.com). The deadline for submitting papers is June 1, 2013. Only electronic submissions will be considered.
Inclusion in the Program will be confirmed by July 1, 2013. Expenses of paper presenters and discussants will be covered. Limited support funds for junior researchers may also be available.
Information on Accommodation
Conference registration and hotel reservations will be organized by EIEF. Information will be posted as it becomes available.
Previous conferences on Household Finance