Concentration of Competencies
The House of Finance combines several interdisciplinary research and education activities in the area of finance at Goethe University Frankfurt. It is an open meeting place and cooperation forum for academia, politics and practitioners from industry and regulation.
Altogether, 200 scholars conduct research and offer courses at the House of Finance, among them 40 professors – one of the largest research groups on financial and monetary issues in Europe. Its researchers belong to the University's Departments of Finance and Money and Macroeconomics (Faculty of Economics and Business Administration) as well as Corporate and Financial Law (Faculty of Law).
Furthermore, the House of Finance houses the following institutions that belong to or are affiliated with Goethe University:
- LOEWE Center SAFE ("Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe")
- Center for Financial Studies
- E-Finance Lab
- Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability
- International Center for Insurance Regulation
- Graduate School of Economics, Finance, and Management
- Ph.D/Doctorate Program Law and Economics of Money and Finance
The House of Finance opened its doors in May 2008 as a part of the newly build University Campus Westend. It offers attractive premises and an up-to-date technical equipment.