European Conference on Household Finance
Call for Papers
The Center of Excellence SAFE at Goethe University Frankfurt, the Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), HEC Paris and the Swedish House of Finance (SHoF) at the Stockholm School of Economics are organizing this year's European Conference on Household Finance. The objective is to present state of-the-art empirical research and empirically motivated theoretical research on household financial behavior and on how this is influenced by other choices, government policies, and the overall economic environment. We solicit papers in the following areas, but other related areas may also be considered:
- Patterns of asset allocation and debt behavior over the life cycle
- Financing retirement and the demographic transition
- Consumer indebtedness, financial distress and default decisions
- Behavioral approaches to household finances
- Financial literacy and financial education programs
- Trust, subjective expectations, pessimism, and financial decisions
- International comparisons of household finances using micro-data
- Cognitive and genetic studies on individual financial performance
- Financial advice and legal protection of investors and borrowers
Laurent Calvet (HEC Paris), Joao Cocco (London Business School, CFS, and CEPR), Luigi Guiso (EIEF and CEPR), Michael Haliassos (Goethe University Frankfurt, CFS, SAFE, and CEPR), Tullio Jappelli (University of Naples Federico II, CSEF and CEPR), Matti Keloharju (Aalto University and CEPR), Brigitte Madrian (Harvard Kennedy School and NBER), Alex Michaelides (Imperial College and CEPR), Stijn Van Nieuwerburgh (NYU Stern, CEPR and NBER), Tarun Ramadorai (Saïd Business School, Oxford, OMI and CEPR), Paolo Sodini (Stockholm School of Economics and SHoF), Stephen Zeldes (Columbia University and NBER).
Conference Venue: The conference will take place in Stockholm.
If you wish to submit a paper, please email an abstract and the paper, if available, as separate pdf file to Ms. Daniela Dimitrova (email@example.com). The deadline for submitting papers is April 30, 2014. Only electronic submissions will be considered. Inclusion in the Program will be confirmed by June 15, 2014. Expenses of paper presenters and discussants will be covered. Limited support funds for junior researchers may also be available.